1022.8.1 Signage requirements. Stairway identification signs shall comply with all of the following requirements:
1. The signs shall be a minimum size of 18 inches by 12 inches (457 mm by 305 mm).
2. The letters designating the identification of the stair enclosure shall be a minimum of 11/2 inches (38 mm) in height.
3. The number designating the floor level shall be a minimum of 5 inches (127 mm) in height and located in the center of the sign.
4. All other lettering and numbers shall be a minimum of 1 inch (25 mm) in height.
5. Characters and their background shall have a non-glare finish. Characters shall contrast with their background, with either light characters on a dark background or dark characters on a light background.
6. When signs required by Section 1022.8 are installed in interior exit enclosures of buildings subject to Section 1024, the signs shall be made of the same materials as required by Section 1024.4.
With the addition of Rowmark's ColorHues frosted acrylic to our inventory, leadtimes are reduced on interior ADA signs. With our CO2 laser and CNC router we can create almost anything you can dream of. Let us help on your next project. www.eriecustomsigns.com