1022.8.1 Signage requirements. Stairway identification signs shall comply with all of the following requirements:
1. The signs shall be a minimum size of 18 inches by 12 inches (457 mm by 305 mm).
2. The letters designating the identification of the stair enclosure shall be a minimum of 11/2 inches (38 mm) in height.
3. The number designating the floor level shall be a minimum of 5 inches (127 mm) in height and located in the center of the sign.
4. All other lettering and numbers shall be a minimum of 1 inch (25 mm) in height.
5. Characters and their background shall have a non-glare finish. Characters shall contrast with their background, with either light characters on a dark background or dark characters on a light background.
6. When signs required by Section 1022.8 are installed in interior exit enclosures of buildings subject to Section 1024, the signs shall be made of the same materials as required by Section 1024.4.
With the addition of our new Vision 2448 engraver / router, lead times are reduced on interior ADA sign projects. With a larger table (24" x 48"), more signs can be manufactured at one time, reducing the set up time.
The larger table allows for fabrication of much larger ADA Braille signs than our competitors. Most sign companies cannot create a sign greater than 10" x 10", whereas Erie Custom Signs can manufacture up to 24" x 48".
Also, with the router head attachment, Erie Custom Signs can create interior signage with Chemetal, HPL like Pionite and other laminate products.
Erie Custom Signs specializes in wholesale ADA Braille signage. working with sign shops by reducing their costs for capital equipment, allows sign companies to enter and be profitable in the interior ADA signage market.
Contact Erie Custom Signs for more information or a quote.